Wednesday, February 28, 2007

..."salvation spring up from the ground"..."father, cause all to shout your name"... this is a prayer that I'm listening to tonight as I doorkeep for Tribe Issachar, a ministry of prayer in Athens. Below us, we hear the rustling sound of a partying city. Quite the paradox, indeed. Crossway, my church is doing an outreach Friday night in those very same streets, may they find good soil, tilled by intercession done here.

...This weekend was full. Friday and Saturday, a few of our girls attended a women's retreat put on by Crossway. The topic? A look at Biblical femininity-- not quite the small topic, I know.;)... it was very convicting and built up for our girls and myself. Pray that we would not be forgetful hearers of the Word, but put into practice what valuable lessons we learned.


... I threw a party for one of my disciple's, Tara, following the retreat Saturday night. She is going to Russia on a mission trip, so we got together to make a little trouble;) ...or better yet-- encourage, pray, and financially support our sister who is trusting God to provide for this call. About 30 students came and spoke encouragement to Tara, prayed over her, and gave over $500!! This was very impactful to see our students and others give so sacrificially, and in faith. Here are some pics from that night... enjoy!

... This is an encouraging time for me as I watch Tara take this step of faith. She admits, readily, that faith and trust have been a struggle for her since she's come to college and we've begun meeting. But God has definitely given her faith for this! She knows she cannot boast and I know she is so grateful for your prayers... thank you!! God is using you to mature this passionate, young woman!




No comments:

Thanks for reading!!!

Thanks for reading!!!
For more Info on WDA and for personal devotions, visit to our website... www.disciplebuilders.org