Tuesday, February 2, 2010

September

It turned out to be God’s goodness that my practicum fell through at LHC—I would not have had the time or energy for a fall practicum. And, by God’s grace, I was offered an even better opportunity. I have connected with a dynamic group of women who have mentored high school-aged girls in an underresourced community close to Trinity for nearly 8 years. Last summer, they identified a need for sexual abuse counseling among the girls. However, they have not access to counseling in the past. This spring, I will be adding a counseling arm to their ministry. I will lead sexual abuse recovery groups, and Lord willing, lay the groundwork for future Trinity students to meet with these high school girls. I am excited for this opportunity as my supervisors are very encouraging, the field of sexuality has become one of my passions, and it seems that a counseling partnership between Trinity and Girls Connected would be realistically sustained in years to come. Pray that the Lord would go before us.

Thanks for reading!!!

Thanks for reading!!!
For more Info on WDA and for personal devotions, visit to our website... www.disciplebuilders.org