Monday, June 25, 2007

Vrumm, vrumm...

These days it feels like I live in my car! I seem to be spending more time on the road than I am at home. Three weekends ago we took a group of students tubing in Helen, GA. It was a blast! After our trip down the river, we drove around to Unicoi State Park to splash around in another river near to Anna Ruby Falls. I was leading the pack until I frightened a basking water moccasin which quickly slithered away to hide. In truth, I’m not sure who was more frightened! After playing in the river for a little while, we headed back to Athens, to home and to a good night’s rest.

The following Monday our staff team left for Johnson City, TN for our annual staff conference on the campus of East Tennessee State University. It’s always a great time of catching up with staff from all across the country for a week. We also spent a good bit of time focusing on the Person and Work of the Holy Spirit. It was a balanced teaching time and a great encouragement. I heard many reports of what some staff are doing internationally, which was particularly exciting! Mike, my director recorded all the teachings, which I hope to post on my blog for your use... but need his help to do so, so be on the look out!

Like I said, I've lived in my car, so upon returning to Athens I have spent a good chunk of time driving around looking for a house to rent this upcoming fall. My roommate-- a former WDA staffer-- and I had found a house to move into next month, but the bank foreclosed on it a week ago... Sending us back to square one with the clock ticking. We found another house yesterday, finally! This has been the most difficult house-hunting process I have had in Athens since I moved here 6 years ago. So, I am thinking that God wants us to live in this specific house for a very specific reason; pray we would be faithful with whatever ministry opportunities that come along.

I am really needing to raise up more support, so pray for opportunities and that I would be a good steward with my time the next month and a half. And as always, if you are up for hearing about my heart for discipleship and WDA's ministry, shoot me a line and we'll do dinner!

No comments:

Thanks for reading!!!

Thanks for reading!!!
For more Info on WDA and for personal devotions, visit to our website... www.disciplebuilders.org