Monday, January 12, 2009

Hi, my name is Becca Brown.

I’ve introduced myself a lot in the last 6 months. I’ve had to define who I am for others and have run across some interesting themes.

Hi, my name is Becca. Yes, I am from Georgia and say “y’all” and “naked” funny. No, I don’t say “pop”.
My name is Becca and I am a loosely reformed, cautiously charismatic, Chirst-centered, discipleship-orientated sinner who has been saved by grace and eagerly awaits Jesus return.
Hi, my name is Becca and I am a trapeze artist. Yes, a trapeze artist. Yes, that was me hanging in a tree last week. No, it doesn’t hurt… much.
My name is Becca and I paint and build things... lots of things. Yes, there is nude art in my apartment. No, it doesn’t cause me to sin. It provokes worship to God. No, you aren’t the only one who disapproves.
My name is Becca and I am, at times, overly analytical and feel deeply.
My name is Becca and I know myself very well.
My name is Becca and my idea of family is very big. You are welcome to come be a part. My house is your house.
My name is Becca and I might remind you of a hippie. I get that from my mother. She’s pretty silly, but very wise.
My name is Becca and I value intimacy and depth in relationships. I might scare you a little with my questions. Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.
My name is Becca and I am loved by a great God, an incredible family, and amazing friends.

My name is Becca Brown… and I am grateful.

3 comments:

angie said...

Hi, my name is Angie, and I like all those things about Becca! You do know yourself well, which makes it so easy to get to know you. I love that you don't hide who you are. Very authentic, very refreshing! I like how you said "loosely reformed and cautiously charismatic" --well-phrased. I'd probably put myself in that same category... Fun blog!

Broad Meadow said...

Hi Becca. My name is Brad and I've been lurking here reading your blog for a long time now. I love this post and the honesty.

Thank you for sharing these little pieces of your life with us. They are encouraging.

I'm asking Papa (God) to put food in your pantry so that you don't have to dumpster dive any more.

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Rebecca and I miss you. The shorts I got out of the dumpster in college are still my favorite! (I say God picked them out for me)I felt like you would appreciate that. Feel free to visit anytime! Much Love!

Thanks for reading!!!

Thanks for reading!!!
For more Info on WDA and for personal devotions, visit to our website... www.disciplebuilders.org